lunes, 11 de noviembre de 2013

My experience as a Tour Guide

a tour in Old Havanaa tour in Old Havana

a tour in Old Havana

a tour in Old Havana
   Each tour in Havana is a new chance to learn. I think I have said this several times and I guess I will repeat it again and again. Mijaila and Thomas, from Germany  taught me a lot. They specially made me understood how important it is to learn about traffic code.
   I always share with you the good moments I live as a tour guide but I also have had some bad experiences. The second worst moment was to guide Thomas through the streets of Havana at night time. He was driving the car he rented and I was supposed to tell him how to get to some places.
a tour in Old Havana at night time
a tour in Old Havana at night time
   Unfortunately I don´t know how to drive and I can´t stop thinking like a pedestrian. So imagine how hard it was to guide him and his wife from one place to the other. I never knew when or where to turn right or left!!!
 There is something else, I didn´t know it was so hard to find Insects killing sprays in Cuba, so please, if you intend to have some holidays in this Island, I recommend you to bring your own spray against mosquitos.
  Finally we had a great time together and could enjoy each place we visited like this coffe in Obispo street.
a tour in Old Havana

a tour in Old Havana

a tour in Old Havana

    Mijaila could mark in yellow all the pages she had selected in her traveller´s book and I felt very proud to show her things she didn´t expect.
   Thanks both of you for your tenderness and specially for recommending my service as a guide to 4 wonderful people from England.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...